About the employer
The Barcelonaβeta Brain Research Center (BBRC) is a new research center, constituted by the Pasqual Maragall Foundation. The goal of BBRC is to become an internationally recognized centre of excellence in our understanding of age-related cognitive disability in order to provide practical solutions to the global challenges posed by the world’s aging population. Our goal will be achieved by championing primary and secondary prevention programs for Alzheimer’s disease and other related neurodegenerative disorders, the study and promotion of healthy aging, and the research of the basic physiological mechanisms of cognitive functions affected by healthy or pathological aging such as memory, learning and decision-making, among others. The vision of BBRC is to provide the society with distinct and innovative solutions for age-related cognitive disability by leveraging these complementary research programs in order to attain a multidisciplinary comprehension of the aging process and the pathophysiology of neurodegeneration. Pasqual Maragall Foundation, Pompeu Fabra University and “la Caixa” on are permanent members of the BBRC Board. International competitive recruitment, state-of-the-art scientific facilities, effective management and continuous high-standard peer-review evaluation are the BBRC core proceedings to ensure achieving world-class research results.
BBRC is affiliated and located in the Campus Ciutadella of the Barcelona Pompeu Fabra University, the building contains excellent technical facilities, including a research-dedicated 3T MR scanner, Clinical Trials facilities, EEG and Eye Tracker labs.
BBRC is also part of the Barcelona Biomedical Research Park (PRBB), a large research facility that hosts other seven different research institutions related to biomedical research, including the Center for Genomic Regulation (CRG), the Hospital del Mar Medical Research Institute (IMIM), the Department of Experimental and Health Sciences of the Pompeu Fabra University (CEXS-UPF), the Institute of Evolutionary Biology (IBE CSIC-UPF), the Barcelona Institute of Global Health (ISGlobal) and the Barcelona site of the European Molecular Biology Laboratory (EMBL), among others, in a multidisciplinary, collaborative and stimulating international environment in close contact with a clinical setting, thus conducive to translational research.
For more information see: and
About the job
The Barcelonaβeta Brain Research Centre (BBRC), research institution of the Pasqual Maragall Foundation (PMF) invites applications for a full-time predoctoral research position to study the genetic modulation of brain-based features. The selected candidate will join the Alzheimer’s Disease Prevention Program.
By joining the Barcelonaβeta Brain Research Centre, the Predoctoral Researcher will perform a variety of standard analysis in the context of the ALFAgenetics project.
Other responsibilities include:
- Implement algorithms and statistical methods to analyze large-scale imaging genetic data.
- Publish and present novel research findings in academic journals and conferences.
- MSc in Bioinformatics, Omics Data Analysis, Computer Science, Bioengineering or related disciplines.
- Proven experience with omics data analysis.
- Experience in neurogenetics data analysis would be positively considered.
- Highly responsive and accountable
- Strong appetite for problem solving
- Concerned about quality and good practices in software development
- Comfortable with a multidisciplinary team and with a heterogeneous and evolving environment.
- Fluent level of English
- Duration: three years
- Estimated annual gross salary: A competitive salary will be provided, which will be well matched relative to the cost of living in Barcelona, and adjusted according to experience
- Starting date: October 2021.
We offer work in a highly stimulating environment with state-of-the-art infrastructure, providing the successful applicant with unique opportunities to develop a strong technical portfolio.
All applications must include:
To apply, please submit a single PDF file containing the following:
- Cover letter describing research interests and relevant background;
- The names of up to three individuals who could provide reference letters. All files or inquiries should be submitted electronically to: firstname.lastname@example.org
We inform you that your personal data will be part of a file which Pasqual Maragall Foundation and Barcelonaβeta Brain Research Center is responsible for, in order to manage the job offer you have requested. Once the process is complete, the data processed will be erased.
You have the right to exercise the rights of access, rectification, cancellation and opposition recognized in Regulation (EU) 2016/679 (General Data Protection Regulation), to be addressed to the Pasqual Maragall Foundation and Barcelonaβeta Brain Research Center: c/ Wellington 30, 08005 Barcelona.