About the employer
About the project
As a core part of the Pasqual Maragall Foundation Strategic Plan 2020-2024, a new department, “Support to Science”, has been created. The department is led by one already existing Manager who reports directly to the Director of the Foundation. The position of PMRP Project Manager will be part of this new Functional Area.
The PMRP is the first programme to be launched by the “Support to Science” department, but others programmes and calls are planned related to innovation or other strategic initiatives.
About the job
The successful applicant will collaborate in the design and will manage the launch of the PMRP. Furthermore, she/he will be in charge of the pre-award stage (receiving and managing the evaluation of proposals) and follow-up (post-award stage) of awarded projects within the programme.
- Conceptualization and definition of the PMRP
- Definition of the processes to receive and process applications as well as to follow-up awarded projects
- Is involved in the definition of the PMRP call: rules for participation, eligibility criteria, evaluation process, follow-up of the awarded proposals, etc.
- Prepares materials related to the launch of the programme: rules for participation document, diffusion materials, templates for application, etc.
- Designs elements for continuous improvement and management of the call, selection process and follow-up of awarded projects.
- In coordination with the Communication, Systems and Institutional Relations departments of the Pasqual Maragall Foundation and the Barcelonaβeta Brain Research Center, manages the launch and dissemination of the call, and the development of the systems required for receiving proposals.
- Is the reference person for research institutions, and researchers / candidates, answering doubts and questions raised (documentation and other requirements, terms and conditions, etc.).
- Is the reference person for external suppliers regarding the design of the application to receive proposals as well as the management of the evaluation process of the proposals received, among others.
- Participates in the design and construction of the application system to receive proposals.
- Reviews the proposals submitted with regard to eligibility criteria, documentation provided, and compliance with the established rules for participation.
- Supports the process of evaluation and selection of projects, providing advice and information, if required, to the evaluation body and the Evaluation Committee, but without belonging to them.
- Coordinates and executes the formal process of assignment, drafting and establishing the agreements and contracts with awarded entities and researchers.
- Collaborates in the design and implementation of the follow-up criteria with regard to the impact of the awarded projects (dissemination, scientific outputs, open science and data management, etc), as well as the general follow-up of the projects (scientific and financial reports…).
- Defines and controls compliance with legal and ethics regulations in the field of scientific research, compliance with good scientific and open access practices of awarded projects.
- Coordinates relations with researchers and research centres that form part of the PMRP.
- Prepares reports for Pasqual Maragall Foundation and the Barcelonaβeta Brain Research Center management.
- Gives support to the management of other research projects focused on Alzheimer’s disease and other age-related neurodegenerative disorders from the Pasqual Maragall Foundation or its research centre, the Barcelonaβeta Brain Research Center, if necessary.
Required qualifications, competences and technical skills
- University degree preferably in the area of life sciences
- Experience of 5+ years in applying for and/or managing international R&D projects (as researcher and/or manager of a research institution’s grant centre)
- Experience in international environments. Knowledge of current scientific research and science policy. Knowledge of the research environment in Spain
- Basic understanding of web concepts
- Excellent written and oral communication skills (English, Catalan and Spanish)
- Team player attitude with internal as well as external collaborators
- Proactivity to propose improvements in work dynamics
- Administrative excellence with attention to detail and accuracy
- Organizational, time management and problem-solving skills
- Ability to analyse complex projects and initiatives
- Autonomy for operational management
- Proficiency in MS office tools: Word, Excel and Power Point
- Experience in design and management of calls for research projects
- Specific training in Project Management (PMP) is a plus
- Starting date: ASAP
- Full-time position, 38 hours weekly
- Salary will depend on experience and will be in accordance to FPM’s salary scales
We offer and promote a diverse and inclusive environment and welcomes applicants regardless of age, disability, gender, nationality, ethnicity, religion, sexual orientation or gender identity. And the unique research opportunity in a highly innovative project in a multidisciplinary institution.
In the foundation we also care about developing your professional career so you will participate in internal and specific training for your job, promotion opportunities and development of your professional career. We evaluate the potential of our team in order to develop those skills necessary to achieve a high level of professional performance.
To apply, please submit a single PDF file containing the following:
- Cover letter of interest justifying motivation and previous experience (max. 1 p)
- All files or inquiries should be submitted electronically to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Subject: Project Manager – Pasqual Maragall Researchers Programme