About the employer
About the project
The ALFA (for Alzheimer and Families) parent cohort, established by the BarcelonaBeta Brain Research Center, is composed by 2743 cognitively normal participants. This cohort was established as a research platform to characterize preclinical Alzheimer’s disease (AD) in asymptomatic individuals and is being leveraged to perform different studies and trials to prevent AD.
A second cohort, Beta-AARC (Alzheimer’s At Risk Cohort) study aims to include about 200 participants, who are experiencing a decline in their memory or other cognitive abilities (people with Subjective Cognitive Decline). Its main goal is the early detection of blood and digital biomarkers that represent the pathophysiological changes related to AD in people (either cognitively unimpaired or MCI) experiencing a subjective worsening of their cognitive performance.
Furthermore, BBRC is participating in clinical trials from the Pharma-industry in order to test the preventive effect of experimental drugs in a group of participants with positive AD biomarkers.
About the job
The BBRC is looking for a highly-motivated Study Nurse (SN), with excellent clinical skills, motivation for Research and good interpersonal skills with a strong ability to work in interdisciplinary team of medical and research professionals. The candidate will report clinically to the Coordinator of the Nurse Team and for management issues to the responsible of the Clinical Operation Office, and
The SN will be responsible to execute clinical care and clinical procedures to all the subjects participating in BBRC’s clinical researches with emphasis on the safety and welfare of study participants. The SN will ensure that the dignity, health, safety, and welfare of participants are given the highest priority at all times. Furthermore, the SN will ensure that participant confidentiality is maintained.
Specific responsibilities will be in the context of guidelines described for each protocol and will include:
- Contacting prospective study participants
- Performing required evaluations: Anthropometric measures, vital signs measures or perform a EKGs.
- Sample Management: Collection, processing, storage and record of biological samples.
- Lumbar puncture: Assist the medical team in the performance of lumbar punctures.
- Providing follow-up to participants to ensure their well-being that study procedures are followed or adherence is maximized.
- Completing case report forms.
- Updating the study database.
- Gathering necessary information from the research participants;
- Responding to emergency situations based upon nursing standards
- Utilizing skills, knowledge and clinical judgement in order to provide a high standard of care for participants in clinical research.
Required qualifications, competences and technical skills
- Nursing Degree
- Registered Nurse
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office in Excel and Word.
- Good level of English (reading and writing).
- Knowledge of Medical and clinical research Terminology will be considered.
- Excellent verbal, written and organizational skills
- Flexible, able and willing to make changes in work schedule to meet the demands of the institution.
- Ability to work effectively with a multidisciplinary team.
- Ability to work collaboratively (empathic and focused team-worker).
- Excellent interpersonal and communications skills.
- Able to work in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to organize and prioritize responsibilities while paying extreme attention to detail is an asset in this position.
- Interest in joining a non-profit organization with a mission of high social impact.
- Pre-selection: The pre-selection process will be based on qualifications, expertise and motivation reflected on the candidate cover letter and CV. It will be merit-based.
- Interview: Preselected candidates will be interviewed by an internal scientific committee.
- Offer Letter: Once the successful candidate is identified the Human Resources department will send a Job Offer, specifying the start day, salary, working conditions, among other important details.
We offer a unique research opportunity in a highly innovative project in a multidisciplinary institution.
- Starting date: ASAP
- The position is scheduled initially for 3 years
- Salary will depend on experience and will be in accordance to BBRC’s salary scales
- Availability for on-call nursing service
- Full-time position.
We offer and promote a diverse and inclusive environment and welcomes applicants regardless of age, disability, gender, nationality, ethnicity, religion, sexual orientation or gender identity.
To apply, please submit a single PDF file containing the following:
- Cover letter describing research interests and relevant background
- The names of up to three individuals who could provide reference letters. All files or inquiries should be submitted electronically to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Subject: Study Nurse
We inform you that your personal data will be part of a file which Pasqual Maragall Foundation and Barcelonaβeta Brain Research Center is responsible for, in order to manage the job offer you have requested. Once the process is complete, the data processed will be erased.
You have the right to exercise the rights of access, rectification, cancellation and opposition recognized in Regulation (EU) 2016/679 (General Data Protection Regulation), to be addressed to the Pasqual Maragall Foundation and Barcelonaβeta Brain Research Center: Wellington Street 30, 08005 Barcelona.