Scientific Medical Writer
About the employer
The Barcelonaβeta Brain Research Center (BBRC) is a research center dedicated to the prevention of Alzheimer's disease and the study of cognitive functions affected in healthy and pathological aging. It was created in 2012 by the Pasqual Maragall Foundation, with the support of the Pompeu Fabra University.
The mission of the BBRC is to provide innovative solutions to decipher and prevent biological changes and cognitive dysfunction associated with neurodegenerative diseases. Due to the aging of the world population, these diseases constitute a global challenge, since for example, dementia can reach epidemic levels in 2050, with a forecast of more than 150 million people affected, if is not found a way to prevent its appearance and development.
The BBRC received the HR Excellence in Research award (HRS4R) granted by the European Commission; a recognition that shows its adherence to the principles of the European Charter for Researchers and the Code of Conduct for the Recruitment of Research Staff. The center offers a stimulating and favorable working environment in accordance with the Charter and Code, which describe the rights and responsibilities of researchers and their employers, and contributes to the creation of a transparent, attractive and open ecosystem at international level.
Pasqual Maragall Foundation, Pompeu Fabra University and “la Caixa” Foundation are permanent members of the BBRC Board. The center is affiliated and located in the Ciutadella Campus of the Pompeu Fabra University of Barcelona, in a building inaugurated in 2016. The BBRC headquarters has excellent technical facilities, including a 3TMR scanner dedicated to research, and spaces for conducting Clinical Trials and EEG. State-of-the-art scientific facilities, effective management and continuous high-standard peer-review evaluation are the BBRC core proceedings to ensure achieving world-class research results.
BBRC is also part of the Barcelona Biomedical Research Park (PRBB), a large research facility that hosts other seven different research institutions related to biomedical research, including the Center for Genomic Regulation (CRG), the Hospital del Mar Medical Research Institute (IMIM), the Department of Experimental and Health Sciences of the Pompeu Fabra University (CEXS-UPF), the Institute of Evolutionary Biology (IBE CSIC-UPF), the Barcelona Institute of Global Health (ISGlobal) and the Barcelona site of the European Molecular Biology Laboratory (EMBL), among others, in a multidisciplinary, collaborative and stimulating international environment in close contact with a clinical setting, thus conducive to translational research.
For more information see: www.fpmaragall.org and www.barcelonabeta.org
About the job
BBRC is looking for a Scientific Medical writer. This is a full-time position and the person selected will join the Scientific Coordination Unit (SCU).
In brief, the Scientific Medical writer will be responsible to write relevant documents and scientific papers under the guidance of the Director of the Scientific Coordination Unit.
The responsibilities for this position include:
- Prepare statistics, graphics and paper contents of different issues related to the BBRC logistics and procedures:
- Results disclosures to participants
- Paper on protocol design and update
- Sub-studies analysis
- Research participants satisfaction
- Write and submit revisions for protocols of clinical research for existing or new projects.
- Coordinate with relevant departments (members of Clinical operations team, the research management office, etc.) to prepare and to help write protocols for new projects.
- Prepare posters for international and national conferences.
- Prepare publication for general public on research in Alzheimer disease, Ethics, etc.
Required qualifications, competences
- PhD in a scientific field; medical field preferred.
- Post-doctoral experience in medical field will be highly appreciated.
- Experience in scientific writing (medical) and coordination between departments.
- Previous experience or interest in working with a NGO with clinical/medical significance.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills (English, Catalan/Spanish).
- Proficient IT skills (Microsoft office).
- Organizational, time management and problem-solving skills.
- Broad scientific knowledge and fast understanding of new scientific topics.
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to work effectively with a multidisciplinary team of internal as well as external collaborators.
- Ability to think independently and work collaboratively (empathic and focused team- worker).
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
- Interest in joining a non-profit organization with a mission of high social impact.
- Starting date: ASAP 2023
- Full- time position
- Salary will depend on experience and will be in accordance to BBRC’s salary scales
- The Foundation offers an extended vacation period and the possibility of benefit from flexible working hours.
- We offer a unique research opportunity in a highly innovative project in a multidisciplinary institution.
We offer and promote a diverse and inclusive environment and welcomes applicants regardless of age, disability, gender, nationality, ethnicity, religion, sexual orientation or gender identity.
In the foundation we also care about developing your professional career so you will participate in internal and specific training for your job, promotion opportunities and development of your professional career.
To apply, please submit a single PDF file containing the following:
- Cover letter addressed describing research interests and relevant background
- The names of up to three individuals who could provide reference letters. All files or inquiries should be submitted electronically to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Subject: Scientific Medical Writer