- Principal Investigation of Alfa Study, Alfa+, Alfa Genetics, Alfa Cognition and Barcelonaβeta Dementia Prevention Research Clinic.
- National lead of EPAD, a European consortium for the prevention of Alzheimer's dementia.
- Co-lead of TRIBEKA, an international consortium to generate an open access neuroimaging platform.
- Principal Investigator at BBRC of several clinical trials (Generation I, Generation II and AB1601).
- Membership in research networks, associations and international working groups:
- Member of the Neuroscience Steering Committee of the Biomarkers Consortium of the Foundation for the National Institutes of Health.
- Member of the CSF Appropriate Use Criteria Workgroup.
- Member of the National Institute on Aging and Alzheimer's Association (NIA-AA) Diagnostic Criteria.
- Member of the European Alzheimer Disease Consortium.
- Member of the Dementia Panel for the European Association of Neurology.
- Member of the Alzheimer Biomarker Standarization Initiative.
- Member of the CIBER de Fragilidad y Envejecimiento Saludable.
- He has provided scientific advice or has been an investigator or data monitoring board member for for Novartis, Pfizer, Eisai, Janssen-Cilag, Lundbeck, Roche, Bayer, Bristol-Myers Squibb, GE Health Care, Merz, MSD, GlaxoSmithKline, Astra-Zeneca, Avid, Lilly, Boehringer-Inghelmein, Biokit, Piramal, IBL y Fujireibio-Europe.
- Scientific, technical and/or assessment committees:
- Member of the Alzheimer’s Disease International (ADI) Executive Committee for the Medical and Scientific Panel (MSAP).
- Expert reviewer for the Spanish National Agency for Evaluation and Prospective (ANEP).
- Editor Journal of Alzheimer's disease.
- Editor Neurology Journal.
- Editorial Board Member of Alzheimer’s Research & Therapy.
- Editorial Board Member of Alzheimer's & Dementia: Translational Research & Clinical Interventions.
- Associate professor at Pompeu Fabra University (Barcelona).
- 2010: Alzheimer's research award by the Spanish Society of Neurology.
- 2003: International Junior Investigator Award by the International College of Geriatric Psychoneuropharmacology.
- 1998: Emili Letang Award (best residence and scientific research project), Hospital Clínic i Universitari de Barcelona.
- 2001: PhD in Neurology. University of Barcelona, Spain.
- 1998: Residence in Neurology. University of Barcelona, Spain.
- 1994: MD in Medicine. University of Valencia, Spain.
- 2001-2016: Responsible of the Alzheimer's and Other Cognitive Units at Hospital Clínic de Barcelona and researcher at IDIBAPS.
- 1998-2001: Consultant Neurologist of the Movement Disease Unit at Hospital Clínic de Barcelona.
- 1994-1998: Neurology resident at Hospital Clínic de Barcelona.