- Principal Investigation of Alfa Study, Alfa+, Alfa Genetics, Alfa Cognition and Barcelonaβeta Dementia Prevention Research Clinic.
- National lead of EPAD, a European consortium for the prevention of Alzheimer's dementia.
- Co-lead of TRIBEKA, an international consortium to generate an open access neuroimaging platform.
- Co-lead of PENSA.
- WP4 lead and principal investigator of the Prognostic and Natural History Study of AMYPAD
- Principal Investigator at BBRC of several clinical trials (AB1601. Past: Generation I and Generation II).
- Membership in research networks, associations and international working groups:
- Member of the Neuroscience Steering Committee of the Biomarkers Consortium of the Foundation for the National Institutes of Health.
- Member of the CSF Appropriate Use Criteria Workgroup.
- Member of the National Institute on Aging and Alzheimer's Association (NIA-AA) Diagnostic Criteria.
- Member of the European Alzheimer Disease Consortium.
- Member of the Dementia Panel for the European Association of Neurology.
- Member of the Alzheimer Biomarker Standarization Initiative.
- Member of the CIBER de Fragilidad y Envejecimiento Saludable.
- He has served/serves as a consultant or at advisory boards for the following companies, or has given lectures: Roche Diagnostics, Roche, Genentech, Novartis, Lundbeck, Oryzon, Biogen, Lilly, Janssen, Green Valley, MSD, Eisai, Alector, BioCross, GE Healthcare, ProMIS Neurosciences, NovoNordisk, Cytox, Nutricia and Zambon.
- Scientific, technical and/or assessment committees:
- Co-Chair of the Alzheimer’s Disease International (ADI) Medical and Scientific Advisory Panel (MSAP) and member of the the MSAP Executive Committee.
- Expert reviewer for the Spanish National Agency for Evaluation and Prospective (ANEP).
- Editor Journal of Alzheimer's disease.
- Editor Neurology Journal.
- Associate editor and Editorial Board Member of Alzheimer’s Research & Therapy.
- Editorial Board Member of Alzheimer's & Dementia: Translational Research & Clinical Interventions.
- Associate professor at Pompeu Fabra University (Barcelona).
- 2010: Alzheimer's research award by the Spanish Society of Neurology.
- 2003: International Junior Investigator Award by the International College of Geriatric Psychoneuropharmacology.
- 1998: Emili Letang Award (best residence and scientific research project), Hospital Clínic i Universitari de Barcelona.
- 2001: PhD in Neurology. University of Barcelona, Spain.
- 1998: Residence in Neurology. University of Barcelona, Spain.
- 1994: MD in Medicine. University of Valencia, Spain.
- 2001-2016: Responsible of the Alzheimer's and Other Cognitive Units at Hospital Clínic de Barcelona and researcher at IDIBAPS.
- 1998-2001: Consultant Neurologist of the Movement Disease Unit at Hospital Clínic de Barcelona.
- 1994-1998: Neurology resident at Hospital Clínic de Barcelona.