Last update: December 2023
In compliance with the Spanish “Law on the Information Society Services and Electronic Commerce” (LISSEC), it is mandatory to obtain the user’s express consent in all websites that use dispensable cookies before he/she browses them.
WHAT ARE COOKIES?
A cookie is a small text file that is stored in your browser when you visit certain websites. It is intended to collect information regarding its visitors. Cookies usually store technical information, personal preferences, content customization, usage statistics, links to social media, access to user accounts, etc. The purpose of the cookie is to adapt the content of the website to your profile and needs. Without cookies, the services provided by any website would be significantly lessened.
What type of cookies do we use?
At BBRC we use first-party cookies, which are managed by us and sent to the user's terminal equipment to provide the requested service.
According to their purpose, we use the following cookies:
- Necessary technical cookies: These are the cookies that allow the user to navigate through a website, platform or application and to use the different options or services offered in the website, including those that the editor uses to allow the management and operation of the website and enable its functions and services. Some examples are: to report data, to identify the session, to access restricted areas, to remember the elements incorporated in an order, to carry out the purchase process of an order, to manage payment, to control fraud related to service security, to make the request for registration or participation in an event, to use security features while browsing, to store content for the dissemination of video or audio, to enable dynamic content or to share content through social media.
Technical cookies will be exempt from compliance with the obligations established in Article 22.2 of the LISSEC when they allow to provide the service requested by the user, as in the case of the cookies listed in the previous paragraphs. Thus, these cookies will be necessary. However, if these cookies are also used for purposes other than those listed in the previous paragraph, they will be subject to these obligations.
- Statistical, analysis or measurement cookies:: These are the cookies that allow the person in charge of them to monitor and analyse the behaviour of the users of the websites to which the cookies are linked, including the measurement of advertisement impact. The information collected through these types of cookies is used to measure the activity of the websites, application or platform, in order to make improvements based on the analysis of usage data made by the users of the service. Regarding the processing of data collected through analysis cookies, the GT29 stated that, although they are not exempt from the duty to obtain informed consent for their use, it is unlikely that they involve a risk to user privacy, provided that they are first-party cookies, that they process aggregated data for strictly statistical purposes, that information on their uses is provided, and that the possibility of users to refuse their use is included.
According to the period of time that they remain activated in the terminal equipment, we can distinguish the following:
- Session cookies: These cookies are designed to collect and store data while the user is accessing a website. They are typically used to store information whose storage is only required for the provision of the service requested by the user on a single occasion, for example, a list of products purchased and that, therefore, disappear at the end of the session.
- Persistent cookies: These are the cookies that keep data stored in the terminal and that allow access and processing of these data by the cookie owner for an indefinite period which may last from a few minutes to several years.
HOW ARE COOKIES SET UP?
Please note that the revocation of third-party cookies does not entail the elimination of the existing ones. This action must be done through the setting of your browser.
Refer to the documentation of the browser you have installed.
- Web browsers are the tools in charge of storing cookies; thus, they are the place where you must exercise your right to deletion or deactivation of cookies. Neither this website nor its legal representatives can guarantee the correct or incorrect processing of cookies by the aforementioned browsers.
- In some cases, it is necessary to install cookies so that the browser does not forget your decision of non-acceptance.
The cookies that we use on our website, as well as their characteristics, are specified below:
A) FIRST-PARTY COOKIES
|They manage the acceptance of cookies.
|They manage the acceptance of cookies.
B) THIRD-PARTY COOKIES
|Persistent (6 months)
Google Analytics is a free web analytics tool of Google that mainly allows website owners to know how users interact with their website.
For more information, please refer to Google Analytics cookies and privacy information.